1 The One in the Middle Is the Green Kangaroo

The One in the Middle Is the Green Kangaroo

Written by Judy Blume

Illustrated by Irene Trivas

Reviewed by Holly D (age 9)

In this interesting book, The One in the Middle is the Green Kangaroo, Freddy Dissel has two problems. He thinks that he is squished between his older brother, Mike and his younger sister, Ellen. Also, he wants a part as the Green Kangaroo in the school play but he can’t because he is only a second grader. The play was only for sixth graders. When he asked if he could be in the play, the teacher said yes. When Freddy got home he told his family at dinner. When Freddy told them they did not believe it at all. What will happen next? Read this book to find out.

My favorite part is when Freddy was in the school play. I liked that part because he got to be the Green Kangaroo and his family was very proud of him. Another favorite part is when Freddy gets in trouble when his sister got hurt. He knocked down his sister’s tower and one block hit her. It is a very exciting part to read. My third favorite part in this story is when Freddy tells his whole family that he got a part in the school play. He was very scared when he faces all the people at the play. It reminds me of my brother and me going to see a play. I would be scared if I was in a play just like Freddy.

I recommend this book to people 8 and older because. I think that they should read this book to see how interesting it is. It is a great book if you like fiction.