1 Ramona Quimby, Age 8

Ramona Quimby, Age 8

Written by Beverly Cleary

Illustrated by Alan Tiegreen

Reviewed by Manahil C. (age 8)

Ramona Quimby, Age 8

Have you ever been embarrassed at school? And wanted to be offered a present for being sick? If you’ve done both of these things this book is just right for you!! Ramona Quimby, Age8 is a story about a girl’s life and her family’s too. In her life she’s going through a lot of hard things and she doesn’t like it. Ramona is the main character of the book and she is also the most comical one, too, but she gets in trouble a lot! She gets in trouble because of small, tiny, horrible Willa Jean. She’s the one that gets Ramona in trouble. When Ramona’s not playing her games, Willa Jean tells her grandmother and Ramona gets in trouble. Ramona does lots of embarrassing things and she thinks that nobody likes her.

One of my favorite parts is when Ramona sits down on her sofa and watches pet food commercials and it shows a cat dancing and Ramona’s mother tells Ramona that it’s fake and it is just a tape going backward and forward all the time. Then Ramona shouted “THOSE T.V LIARS!!!!” That was hilarious! I liked that part because it was the most comical part of all embarrassing things that Ramona did in this book! Ramona Quimby is my favorite character in this book because she is hilarious! Ramona is one of my interesting characters in this book because she’s really funny and hilarious, like when she smashed the raw egg on her head and the time she threw up in front of the. She is really comical! I felt kind of sad when I read this book and very happy too because it made me actually imagine that I was seeing the events happen because of how the author describes about it. It made me wonder if Ramona will ever be happy because she does embarrassing things a lot!

I would rate this book 9 out of 10 because it was an amazing book for me and I think it could be amazing for you too! I would recommend this book to all clumsy, hilarious people between the ages of 8 and 12.