Ramona Quimby, Age 8

Written by Beverly Cleary
Illustrated by Alan Tiegreen

Reviewed by Serah M. (age 9)

Do you love reading books? Well this review will give you some information about this story. This book is about two sisters, Ramona and Beezus. Ramona is in third grade and Beezus is in junior high school. Their mom makes tongue for dinner one night but they donít like it. The Quimbys are not rich so they donít have that much money, and their mom says tongue is cheap. Since they didnít eat their dinner, Ramona and Beezus have to make dinner the next day. Beezus has to make dinner so she canít go have a sleepover at her friendís house.

A good part from the book is when the Quimbys had a great time at Whopper Burger. The Quimbyís had to go to Whopper Burger to chill out and to eat something. I liked this part because I also like to eat out at restaurants. A really funny part is when Ramona cracked an egg on her head! The slimy egg running down her face looked really silly! By the way, Ramona is crazy and bossy. I donít like the book because Ramonaís teacher called her a nuisance. Itís the worst part because if you knew what that meant, you would cry. A part that really bothered me is when Ramona threw up in front of her class. It bothered me because you might feel embarrassed that your whole class saw you throw up. I think the illustrations are not interesting because theyíre only black and white. Colorful illustrations interest more people to read the book, and help them make pictures in their heads.

I would recommend this book to children from ages 6 to 8 because when you get older itís not that exciting to read. I donít like the story because Iím too old for it. The author's writing style is easy to read.

Serah M. is a student in Mrs. Bahen's 3rd Grade Class
2011-2012