1 Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Written by Jeff Kinney

Illustrated by Jeff Kinney

Reviewed by MC (age 9)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Diary of a Wimpy Kid is a book about a kid named Greg, who just got into middle school. He has a hard time fitting in. He also has a friend named Rowley who always does embarrassing things. They always do fun things together. Not all of his time is with Rowley. Sometimes his brother, Roderick is torturing him. He thinks he’ll get rich and famous. He gets into trouble a lot because Rowley always gets hurt when he comes over. He always does crazy stuff to impress people.

I like this book because it’s funny. It’s funny because in one of the drawings in the book shows that Greg got a Barbie doll for Christmas. What I don’t like about this book is that they didn’t put the last words in -- it was just blank lines. What was interesting about this book was that it talks about different ideas and then go’s back to it. I think the author wrote this book to entertain the reader and make them laugh.

If I were a character in the story I would be Greg because he does fun things to do every day. The pictures helped me because it matches with the paragraph. People should read this book because it’s a very good book and a best seller, so most people enjoy it better. Also, because it’s enjoyable and fun to read. This is a fifth grade book but an easy read for middle school kids but you can still read it. So if you want to read this book I’ll bet you’ll enjoy it.