Boys Are Dogs

Written by Leslie Margolis

Reviewed by Jennifer B. (age 11)

What happens when Annabelle moves into her momís boyfriendís house? Disaster! She has to move away from her friends and has to go to a new school! But thatís only the start. The boys are meaner than wild dogs and her momís boyfriend is a total dweeb. To top it all off, her dog is mindless when it comes to dog training. Will Annabelle ever get a break?

I loved this book because Annabelle trained boys like dogs. My favorite part was when Annabelle realized she could do this and my favorite character was Annabelle because she goes on a journey to survive at Birchwood Middle School. As I read the book, Annabelle seemed to become more confident in herself.

This book was great! I loved it because the storyline seemed to come alive and I was there, standing next to Annabelle, watching it all unfold. As I read the book, Annabelle seemed to become more confident in herself. My favorite part was when she realized she might be able to train boys like dogs and my favorite character was Annabelle because she goes on a journey to survive at Birchwood Middle School. It could be improved though. They could say more about her old life at St.Catherines but it still was a good book.

Jennifer B. is a student in Mrs. McCormick's 5th Grade Class
2010-2011