1 Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Written by Jeff Kinney

Illustrated by Jeff Kinney

Reviewed by Michael M (age 9)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Hi, I'm Greg and let me get one thing straight. This is a journal, not a diary. I have two annoying brothers! Manny, who is three (Mom and Dad treat him like a prince) then there is Rodrick. He is two times worse than Manny. Oh, and there's one more person you need to know, my friend, Rowley. He acts like a fourth grader, but don't worry, I'll fix him up in no time.

One day while I was in school and exciting announcement came that the school paper was having a comic contest! But when I won, the principal changed my whole comic! So I talked to the principal. He said it had some "minor problems." So I quit. Then Rowley won and they didn't change a single thing in his comic! So you are probably wondering why Rowley and I didn't do the same comic. Well, we got into a fight. Rowley thought of a comic called, Zoo-We-Mama." I thought it was the worse comic in the history of bad comics. So we split up and haven't been friends since.

I like this book because it tells an amazing story of a boy who grows up too fast and has little too high expectations of himself. He also thinks he's meant to be rich and famous. I also like this book because a lot of people could make connections to themselves. It also tells a really funny story, because Greg often does stuff that you wouldn't expect boys to do normally.

Will Greg and Rowley be friends again? And if they do, how will it happen? If you're looking for a good book, I recommend this one for boys and girls from ages 6-10.