Seaweed

Written by David Benjamin • Illustrated by none

Reviewed by Brayan B (age 10)

There is a lot of seaweed, and there are many types of seaweed. The book shows many places that have seaweed. It also shows animals that eat seaweed, like a manatee which eats green seaweed. There are many different colors of seaweed such as red, green, and brown. There are also many sizes of seaweed. You can find them when you go to the ocean.

I thought the book was good because it showed many kinds of seaweed, and it comes in many colors and sizes. It shows many animals that eat seaweed. The manatee is fat, and I donít like that. I didnít know that there were seaweed forests. I would not like to go there because I canít even swim. There is Irish seaweed that is added to some types of foods, and it might even be in your ice cream. I never knew that and I thought that was interesting. It doesnít even taste like seaweed, and Iíve never even seen it in my life.

I recommend this book of seaweed because it is important and interesting. I would recommend this book to my brother because this book is important for the earth. Some foods have seaweed in it and even ice cream has seaweed in it. My brother would like this book because he likes books that are interesting and he likes to eat. I would recommend this book to my friends because they like books that are important to the earth. I would not recommend this book to my little brother because he likes books that have superheroes and action. I would not recommend this book to people who donít like this kind of book.

Brayan B is a member in New York Cares/Island School Reading Club's Spring Book Club (2009-2010)