1 Ghostville Elementary

Ghostville Elementary

Written by Debbie and Marcia Thorton Jones Dadey

Illustrated by Jeremy Tugeau

Reviewed by Nita M. (age 9)

Ghostville Elementary

Have you ever read a holiday ghost book? If you haven't, you have got to read this book! Three friends go to Ghostville Elementary. Jeff, Nina and Cassidy's class are going to celebrate Christmas. The ghosts were excited and happy to decorate the basement of the school. But, when the ghosts made presents and decorated the room the teacher told them that it was the worst decorating she had ever seen. The ghosts were sad. The three friends (Jeff, Nina and Cassidy) decided to try and help the ghosts. By the end, they all celebrate Christmas and everyone was happy and excited again.

My favorite character is Nate. Nate is nice and kind to the class. My favorite part is when the ghosts and class celebrate Christmas. I liked this part because the ghosts and the class give gifts and presents to each other. This book reminds me of when my family gives me and my sister presents because I like Christmas. We all sit together and give gifts like the ghost and the class.

I would recommend this to 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students. Wouldn't it be neat to go to Ghostville Elementary? Maybe your elementary has ghosts too and you can imagine what it would be like to go to school there.