1 The Haunting Hour

The Haunting Hour

Written by R. L. Stine

Reviewed by Lesbeth R (age 11)

The title, "The Haunting Hour," prepared me to be frightened! I can't really tell you a summary of this book because this is a book of ten terrifying, scary and spine chilling stories. Don't read this book before bed or you will not be able to sleep! You will have to read this book to find out about these scary and spine chilling stories.

I think this was a very scary book. I liked this book because I love mysteries and scary books, especially when written by R.L. Stine. My favorite part was in the story of "The Bad Baby-Sitter." It is my favorite because Lulu, the babysitter, made Matthew and Courtney, the children, make mud cookies, which they used as voodoo dolls against Larry and Margo. I found Lulu interesting because she made Matthew and Courtney make voodoo dolls. This made me ask myself, "Where did she learn to make those?" Well, maybe she found it in a book somewhere when she was mad at someone!

This book is the only book I have read by R.L. Stine that has ten stories in one book, but all of R.L. Stine's books are scary in some way. I would give this book 5 stars because it is very good and I love scary mystery books. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves scary books. Many people who love scary books and read this story will love it!