1 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Written by J.K. Rowling

Illustrated by Mary Grandpre

Reviewed by Linzey S. (age 11)

A thirteen-year-old boy named Harry Potter lived with his only family, the Dursleys, and his only friend from the magical world of witches and wizards. Ever since Voldemort, the second most powerful but evil wizard, murdered Harry’s parents and sent a failing spell on Harry leaving him with only a scar, Harry has not been safe from Voldemort. When Harry finds out Sirius Black is out of Azkaban, he’s not safe even at Hogwarts. Everyone else is afraid, but then Harry discovers Sirius is not his enemy, but his parents’ friend and it is Ron’s rat, Scabbers who is really Voldemort’s servant, Peter Pettigrew.

They also discover that Sirius was the one who took Neville’s paper with the password and that Professor Lupin becomes a werewolf at only a full moon. Sirius tries to convince Lupin as a werewolf to not harm them, but instead gets attacked and badly injured. Harry sees Sirius lying at the edge of a pond and the pond freezes as dementors comes. The dementors try to suck Harry and Sirius’s souls as a patronus scares them away. As Harry sees a deer, the Patronus, he sees Mr. Potter, his father. When he awakens, Hermione and Ron tell him that they took Sirius into a locked chamber and his soul will be sucked out of him. Dumbledore is told by them that Sirius is a good guy and he tells Hermione to twist her necklace three times. He goes out of the hospital wing and Hermione obeys with Harry at her side. They free Buck Beak, Hagrids giant half-horse and half-bird friend, and help Sirius escape from Hogwarts from the dementors to safety.

I would have changed something in the story. I would have kept Hagrid as a teacher because I think Malfoy did that on purpose to get rid of Hagrid. My favorite part is when Harry uses a spell on Aunt Marge because I think she deserves it for being lazy and making Harry do stuff for her. My favorite character is Harry because he is so heroic and doesn’t want anybody to get hurt. My least favorite character is either Peter Pettigrew or Voldemort because they both give me the shivers and they are trying to murder courageous and brave Harry Potter.

This story doesn’t relate to my life because I don’t have a wand or an owl. I wish to, but can’t go to Hogwarts. This story has pictures with each character and it helps me because I know on chapter one that Aunt Marge will get all puffed up. I think others should read this story because it might help them to realize how hard it is without your parents and you always need their love to get out of danger.