1 Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Dog Days

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Dog Days

Written by Jeff Kinney

Illustrated by Jeff Kinney

Reviewed by Christine T. (age 10)

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Dog Days

Gregory, a middle school student, is living a life of happiness during summer vacation, but not for long. Gregory's parents are forcing him to go and play outside and not play video games all day long, and sleeping to 8:00p.m. When Gregory is pushed out of his house, Rowley offers him to go to his parents country club. Rowley's parents do not like the idea, but since Gregory said, "Yes," they have to invite him.

When Rowley and Gregory arrive at the country club, they start calling themselves bachelors. They act all cool around the teenage girls They sit on the pool side and try to make it look like they are getting a sun tan. When Gregory tells Rowley's parents that the pool or drink is too cold or hot, he gets in big trouble, so they bring him back home. Later Rowley's father comes knocking on the door and says, " My country club membership bill was higher than usual because Gregory bought like $100.00 worth of drinks." Rowley's father said that Gregory needs to pay off this expense.

In the end, Gregory and Rowley create a business for lawn trimming or yard work. When they finally make a poster advertising their work, they post it in the neighborhood. They call their business V.I.P Lawn Service. After a week, they get their first customer, Mrs. Canfield. Mrs. Canfield isn't happy when they do her lawn because when there is dog or cat poop on the lawn, the boys mow 10 feet away from it just to be safe. When they finally come home, Mrs. Canfield calls and does not seem impressed because only a quarter of the lawn was mowed. Later, Greroy's parents give him a $5.00 bill and he and Rodrick both buy a fish.

The thing I would change about the story is that it should contain more action and more laughing parts. The other books were funnier. My favorite part of the story is when Rowley and Greg pretend to be bachelors because they are teenage boys living a life of happiness. My favorite character is Gregory because he just wants to relax, but whenever he does, he gets in trouble and has to find a way to fix it. My least favorite character is Mom because she only makes Gregory get into trouble.

This story relates to my life because I get into trouble because of my curiosity and stressing out. He just wants a regular life of a teenager and doesn't want a tortured childhood. This book has pictures. They make the book look like comic book, but it really isn't one. The pictures make it easier to understand the story and all of the pictures make you laugh.

I think others should read this story because all you want to do is laugh at the story and read more because the story is addicting and funny. There are many funny parts like when Gregory and Rowley act like bachelors or the time when they mowed the lawn.