1 Number the Stars

Number the Stars

Written by Lois Lowry

Reviewed by Michael S. (age 10)

Number the Stars

This story takes place during World War II. This book is about two friends from Copenhagen, Denmark. Annemarie and her best friend Ellen are walking home, and all of a sudden two soldiers stop them. Ellen is in danger of being captured because she is Jewish. Ellen`s life is resting in the family’s hands. There are many steps to take for Annemarie and her family. One faulty move and Ellen and her family could be captured or even KILLED!

I liked this book very much. I think this book is very surprising. It made me worried what was going to happen. There is a character that changed in the book. That character is Annemarie. After Ellen left Annemarie wasn’t the same as she was before. She was much calmer. Like I said, as I read the book it made me feel more worried as I got further and further into the book. It always reminds me of when I watch the History Channel. It is so vivid. It makes me feel like I was in the book because it was so vivid. That is what I think of the book.

I would recommend this book to readers looking for an adventurous kind of story. It is a thriller. I also would recommend it to young readers and young adults because it teaches you about friendship and life.