The Report Card

Written by Andrew Clements

Reviewed by Maddie H. (age 8)

This book is about a girl named Nora. She goes to school at Philbrook Elementary, and at her school grades are the world. So she gets so tired of people wanting to see her grades that she lets her friend Stephen see her grades .She gets five Dís and one C. Her parents are very upset, and since theyíre so upset it leads her to the principalís office. So her parents and her teachers work really hard, and she turns out to be a great student. I liked this story because Nora and Stephen are great characters. I like their expressions. My favorite part of the book was when Stephen handed out flyers for everyone to get zeros on the test. It was my favorite part because Nora wanted to show everybody that grades mattered, but they werenít the world. Thatís why Nora and Stephen became partners in the plan about the flyers. This book didnít have any illustrations, but I think it needed some. I would recommend this book because I think itís funny. I like the part where Stephen hands out the flyers because I think his character in that part is great. I think my friend Georgia would like to read the book, and I think the part with the flyers would be her favorite part too.
Maddie H. is a student in Ms. G.'s 2nd Grade Class
2009-2010