The Mouse and the Motorcycle

Written by Beverly Cleary • Illustrated by Louis Darling

Reviewed by James R. (age 8)

This story is about a mouse named Ralph that likes to ride a motorcycle. There was a boy named Keith who owns the motorcycle, and Keith and Ralph get to be friends. When Ralph first finds Keithís motorcycle he rides into a wastebasket. After Ralph loses Keithís motorcycle, Keith gives Ralph a crash helmet. Matt, the bellboy, finds the motorcycle. At the end Keith gives Ralph his motorcycle. I like this book because its funny. My favorite part was when Ralph almost got sucked up by a vacuum cleaner. But Ralph got away. The book made me feel happy and sad because thereís a part of the book thatís happy, and thereís another part thatís sad. It made me think about mice and hotels. I think it would be fun to see a mouse in a hotel. I would recommend this book because itís cool because itís about a mouse riding a motorcycle. I think my sister would like it because she has never read this book before and she reads a lot of books. I think everyone would like the part when an owl saw Ralph and Ralph got away.
James R. is a student in Ms. G.'s 2nd Grade Class
2009-2010