The Berenstain Bear Scouts and the Magic Crystal Caper

Written by Stan & Jan Berenstain • Illustrated by Michael Berenstain

Reviewed by Grace T. (age 8)

This book is about a crystal ball. The bear scouts go to Grizzly Granís house to see their future. Grizzly Granís crystal ball gets a yellow-pink glow in it; thatís when she can really tell the future. When Gramps buys the bowling alley with Granís life savings, he accidentally goes bowling with the crystal ball. Granís crystal ball loses its pink-yellow glow, and she cannot tell the real future any more.

I really liked this book because I like Berenstain Bears. It is one of my favorite series of books. Sister Bear reminded me of my little sister because they are both funny! I have read another Berenstain Bear book. Both Berenstain Bear books are by the same author. This book is the same as but different from the other one I read. They are the same because they have the same characters; they are different from each other because one is about someone who stole something and the other is about a bowling alley.

I recommend this book because it was funny and good at the same time. I think all grades would like it because it was so funny, and I think it would make them laugh. I think people would like the part when Gramps goes bowling with Granís crystal ball because it has a lot of action and itís hilarious.

Grace T. is a student in Ms. G.'s 2nd Grade Class
2009-2010