The Boxcar Children - The Mystery Horse

Written by Gertrude Chandler Warner
Illustrated by Charles Tang

Reviewed by Matthew G. (age 10)

The Mystery Horse takes place on a farm. Henry, Jessie, Violet and Benny are going to a farm for a two week vacation and they get to see lots of animals. They learn how to do the chores. They find a horse locked up in the barn. They want to know who the horse belongs to and why it is locked up. Read the book to find out about this horse.

This book made me feel good, because itís about a farm and I live on a farm. I love being there. I do chores just like the Aldens.

My favorite part is when the children go to the farm and get to solve a mystery and get to see all of the animals. I felt I wanted to be on the farm to help Henry, Jessie, Violet, and Benney find out about the horse. I donít like to see animals locked up.

This book is part of the Boxcar Children series. I really like books about the Boxcar Children. They are always solving a mystery of some kind. They always do things together.

I recommend this book to everyone who likes mysteries. I would also recommend it to anyone who wants to learn about what life is like living on a farm. I enjoyed this book very much. I hope anyone who reads it will too.

Matthew G. is a student in Sister Janet's 4th Grade Class
2009-2010