1 Aliens For Lunch

Aliens For Lunch

Written by Stephanie Spinner

Illustrated by Steve Bjorkman

Reviewed by Shylee K. (age 8)

Aliens For Lunch

Richard and Henry Bell are stuck at home during Easter vacation. Henry likes healthy snacks. Henry made the “Kaboom Korn” in the microwave. When the popcorn was done, Aric the alien came out of the bag. The Graxians tampered with their supply of XTC-1000. The Graxians hijacked the planet with XTC-1000 that was going to planet Threll. Richard, Henry, and Aric are in the control room of the Graxian spaceship. If they don’t win, the Threllians with invade Earth. They are on the ugly planet, Grax. The boys are shown to King Boobrik the Heavy. The King is going to make the boys watch the Threllians invade Earth. They put Aric in the freezer. They take Henry and Richard to the lunchroom. They covered a vegetable. And the vegetable was celery. But the guard came. Henry and Richard were looking for Aric. Then a wamu watched them with its bright yellow eyes. They all faded away into the air. They waved the celery in Boobrik's face and they all fainted. Then when they fainted, they grabbed the XTC-1000. Henry was invisible and so was Aric. Then they got on the spaceship and returned home. They were wearing their T-shirts in school and Miss Marshall, their teacher gave them an A+ on their report cards.

The book made me feel good because I can read chapter books. It made me think of the Junie B. Jones chapter books that I read last year. My favorite part is when the Graxians stole the XTC-1000 because I like desserts too! It reminds me of when we go to the lunchroom and it’s so noisy. The character I liked is Richard because he was brave because Richard got the XTC-1000.

I recommend this book for children 7-10. It was fun to read because children under 7 might not be able to read some of the harder words.