1 Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Written by J.K. Rowling

Illustrated by Mary Grandpre

Reviewed by Nate M. (age 9)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

I'm doing a review on the book, "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone". It's about a boy named Harry. He lives on Private Drive where his mean aunt and uncle live. Hogwarts, a wizard school, needed Harry. My favorite part was when all the owls came and all of the letters from Hogwarts flooded the house.

I liked it because it was funny. Harry went to wizard platform nine and three-quarters. Later the sorting hat put Harry into the Gryffindor House. There are four houses: Gryffidor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. And on Christmas Harry got an invisibility cloak and found out about the stone. He had to get past a three headed dog named Fluffy, flying keys, giant wizard chess, and a devil's snare (it's a thing that kills you if you don't relax). Harry thought potion master, Snape, was evil, but surprisingly it was defense against the dark arts, Quirrell, who was evil. In the end, Harry beat Quirrell and all was well. It was an interesting book because of the spells and the things they used for magic. While I read the book I felt excited. I wanted to keep reading the book and not put it down.

I would recommend this book for seven year olds and up because it's exciting. I thought Harry was cool because of how curious he was his first year at Hogwarts.