1 Among the Hidden

Among the Hidden

Written by Margaret Haddix

Illustrated by Cliff Nielsen

Reviewed by Ashley C. (age 12)

Among the Hidden

In the book Among the Hidden, the Population Police made a law that parents are not allowde to have more than two children. A lot of families chose not to follow the law so their third children had to stay in hiding. The Garner family chose not to follow the law, so Luke Garner has to stay in hiding most of his life. He can't even look outside the window just in case somebody sees him. What would you do if you couldn't go play outside? Luke had enough of hiding, so he took a very risky choice. He escaped to the outside world of danger.

This book was the best book I've ever read because it was very exciting and unexpected things happened. In some parts it was so sad it almost made me cry, but then sometimes it scared me or excited me unexpectedly. This book is the beginning of a seven book series. Each book makes you read more and more as Luke grows up. When you finish each book, it leaves you hanging and you just have to read the next book right away.

I recommend this book to people who like surprises and who like to read sad books. Margaret Peterson Haddix did an awesome job writing this 153-page book. She writes so that you never want to put the book down.