1 The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

Illustrated by Bagram Ibatoulline

Reviewed by Marissa M. (age 10)

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

In the book The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane there is a china rabbit. He is very snobby and selfish. Edward (the china rabbit) lives with his owner, Abilene and her parents. Abilene was seven when she got Edward from her grandma. Watch as Edward’s life changes when he goes on the Queen Mary (a cruise boat).

This book has lots of themes. I’m going to talk about one—change. Edward changes a lot in the book, like his emotions, personality, characters, setting, his name, and clothes. I like this book because it is really fun and adventurous. The genre of this book is fantasy because china rabbits can’t talk. The lesson to be learned is always love or something bad can happen.

My feelings go up and down. Sometimes I’m glad like when Abilene found Edward when the maid put him away, and also angry at different characters. My favorite part was when Abilene gave Edward the watch because Edward can tell when Abilene comes home. There were pictures at the beginning of every chapter. The pictures helped me figure out what was going to happen in the next chapter. The pictures left me hanging to read the next chapter. I love the illustrations because they were very detailed. This story is very suspenseful. I really didn’t want to stop reading. I liked Abilene because I think she is sweet.

I love this book because Edward goes on a lot of Adventures. I recommend this book to kids that love adventures and also for fifth and fourth graders because it has some hard words.