1 Beezus and Ramona

Beezus and Ramona

Written by Beverly Cleary

Illustrated by Louis Darling

Reviewed by Raegan G. (age 8)

Beezus and Ramona

In the book Beezus and Ramona the sisters don’t think they love each other because Beezus does everything to satisfy Ramona but Ramona is never thankful. First, Beezus does not like to read Ramona the same book over and over again. Next, Ramona gets a book from the library and writes her name on every page. Then, she puts her doll into Beezus’s birthday cake when it was baking. In the end, though, they both find out that they love each other no matter what.

I think Beezus and Ramona is a great book because Beezus and Ramona don’t like each other in the beginning, but throughout the book they begin to love each other more and more. I also think that Ramona changes throughout the book. The illustrations in the book are great. They were just really creative, and they helped me understand the story better. This book made me wonder about if any other family has a family like this family.

I would recommend this book for any grade boy or girl. It is a great book. I think that everybody’s favorite part would be when Ramona wipes her fingers on the neighbor’s cat when she is finished with her fingerpaints. I think that I would recommend this book because the story is hilarious and the characters are hilarious.