Meet M&M

Written by Pat Ross • Illustrated by Marylin Hafner

Reviewed by Phoebe B. (age 8)

Do you want to read a really great book? Do you want to read a book about friendship? If you do, then you should read Meet M and M! Itís about two girls named Mandy and Mimi. Their friendship is so close that they act like theyíre twins! One day they got in a big fight about what game to play and where to play it! They never got in a fight before, so itís going to be a bad day for them. Are Mandy and Mimi going to get along? Are they still going to be friends? Read the book to find out!

My favorite part was when Mandy and Mimi were fighting about what game to play and where to play it! I thought that was funny, because not a lot of people fight about where to play a game. Nobody really cares about where to play a game. That part reminds me of me and my brother because we love each other but sometimes we fight about what game to play and where to play it. I infer that Mandy and Mimi donít fight a lot so I bet that they will be very mean to each other when they fight. This book reminds me of a book called Judy Moody. In Meet M and M, Mandy and Mimi got in a big and bad fight. In Judy Moody, two kids got in a big and bad fight thatís very similar to the bad fight in Meet M and M. When I was reading Meet M and M I felt happy because Mandy and Mimi remind me of my best friend Ben. M and M are just like twins. Me and Ben are just like brother and sister. We knew each other since we were born and we hang out with each other almost every day.

I recommend this book to kids because it has a great lesson. I think the author is trying to tell his readers that if you get in a fight you shouldnít make it bigger and bigger, you should make it smaller and smaller. If you get in a fight and you tease somebody and they tell on you, you shouldnít say that you teased them because they stuck their tongue out at you, you should say sorry. I think kids would love this book because it has a good lesson, itís funny, and it has some interesting parts. I also recommend this book to kids that are 5-8 years old because people that are 9, 10, 11, 12 or 13 will think that Meet M and M is a little babyish. I read Meet M and M like a million times and I love it and I hope you do!

Phoebe B. is a student in Amy's 2nd Grade Class
2008-2009