The Headless Horseman

Written by Washington Irving • Illustrated by Donald Cook

Reviewed by Sasha B (age 7)

The headless horseman is a cool book because a person lost his head in a war and at night he comes alive. At night he looks for his head. If he canít find his head he will take yours. Then there is a party at Katrinaís house. Ichabod and Brom Bones want to marry Katrina but Katrina doesnít want to marry Ichabod because he is poor. And then on the way home from the party Ichabod meets the headless horseman. If the headless horseman takes the head, youíll have to read the book to find out.

I think when the headless horseman comes alive it is so scary because the headless horseman is after Ichabod Crane. When I was reading this book I was scared because the headless horseman was going to take Ichabodís head. I like the characters because they are funny. This book reminds me of Five Funny Frights because it is kind of scary. I like the pictures because they are pretty and funny. This book is special because I read it a lot. My favorite part is when Brom Bones plays a trick on Ichabod. Ichabod thinks heís the headless horseman, but heís not.

I recommend this book to people who like being scary and funny. I think people who like being scared and who like frightening stuff would like this book. I think that someone who likes acting would like this book because one of the characters pretended to have no head.

Sasha B is a student in Annie and Tara's 2nd Grade Class
2008-2009