1 The Headless Horseman

The Headless Horseman

Written by Washington Irving

Illustrated by Donald Cook

Reviewed by Sasha B (age 7)

The Headless Horseman

The headless horseman is a cool book because a person lost his head in a war and at night he comes alive. At night he looks for his head. If he can’t find his head he will take yours. Then there is a party at Katrina’s house. Ichabod and Brom Bones want to marry Katrina but Katrina doesn’t want to marry Ichabod because he is poor. And then on the way home from the party Ichabod meets the headless horseman. If the headless horseman takes the head, you’ll have to read the book to find out.

I think when the headless horseman comes alive it is so scary because the headless horseman is after Ichabod Crane. When I was reading this book I was scared because the headless horseman was going to take Ichabod’s head. I like the characters because they are funny. This book reminds me of Five Funny Frights because it is kind of scary. I like the pictures because they are pretty and funny. This book is special because I read it a lot. My favorite part is when Brom Bones plays a trick on Ichabod. Ichabod thinks he’s the headless horseman, but he’s not.

I recommend this book to people who like being scary and funny. I think people who like being scared and who like frightening stuff would like this book. I think that someone who likes acting would like this book because one of the characters pretended to have no head.