Dark Day in the Deep Sea

Written by Mary Pope Osborne • Illustrated by Sal Murdocca

Reviewed by Blake B. (age 8)

My book is Dark Day in the Deep Sea, and itís a magic tree house book. It is about Jack and Annie trying to find the present of happiness of the sea. These sailors are on a ship called the Challenger, and they are trying to find a monster in the sea and kill it. Jack andAnnie have a wand that is like a shell.They use the wand only after they tried their best to keep the monster alive. They want to keep the monster alive because it is the present of happiness, and the happiness of the sea is being free.

I liked the book because itís about people trying to kill a sea monster, but itís good in the end because the people learn itís wrong to kill for no reason. My favorite part is when they let the monster free. I liked the illustrations because they looked exactly like they would if I would have drawn them. I like the author because she always makes a point in her books. This book is a part of the Magic Tree House series. It reminded me about someone trying to kill my pet frog.

I would recommend this book because it has a lot of adventure in it and people like adventure. I think my friend Jacob would like this book because Jacob likes adventure stuff. I think he would like the part when the salors catch the monster. Thatís the exciting part of the book when they use their wand.

Blake B. is a student in Ms. G.'s 2nd Grade Class
2008-2009