Mummies in the Morning

Written by Mary Pope Osborn
Illustrated by Sal Murdocca

Reviewed by Gianni Z. (age 9)

Mummies in the Morning illustration will appear here.

Just like all of the Magic Tree House books, the main characters are Jack and Annie. They go to Egypt and go in a pyramid where they meet a ghost queen. The book of death is like a treasure hunt because the queen needs the book to go to the next level. Will Jack and Annie be able to help her find the book?

Mummies in the morning is a great book because it is the same beginning and ending as the other books in the series. The middle is the best part because it is different, and that is one reason that I liked the book. Mummies in the Morning is a great book because it has a lot of description. I really enjoy how Mary Pope Osborne uses descriptions to make her stories sound like they are really happening. For example, when Annie said the walls of the passage looked slimy with goo I could almost feel it! My favorite part is when Jack and Annie go in the trap door and they meet the cat that helps them.

I recommend Mummies in the Morning to anyone who likes surprises. Also second grade and up. I hope you enjoy the book because I did!

Gianni Z. is a student in Mr. Richard's 4th Grade Class
2007-2008