Garfield and the Teacher Creature

Written by Jim Davis

Reviewed by Jeremy V. (age 8)

Garfield and Odie are going to the vet because Garfield was sick and not eating. On the way to the vet, they saw an abandoned school. They decided to climb in the window. As they walked through the school, they met a boy and heard weird noises. They were scared and started running. The boy was playing basketball and they all saw a monster. Garfield, Odie and the boy ran as fast as they could so they wouldnít get eaten or hurt. Then they all bumped into the monster. Garfield quickly climbed on the monsterís head and they found out it was a guy! Garfield asked the man why he dressed up as a monster. The man said he didnít want anyone coming into the school because weird things used to happen and he didnít want anyone to get hurt. Suddenly, Garfield and Odie fell into a glass window and the man saved them from getting hurt. Finally, Garfield, Odie and the boy went home. They were happy because they didnít have to go the vet at all.

My favorite part was when Garfield kept getting scared because his eyes would open wide! My least favorite part was when Garfield and Odie had to leave the abandoned school because I wanted to hear more about it. I liked this book because it was funny and I love scary books!

I recommend this book to my mom because she loves scary things like movies and books.

Jeremy V. is a member in Page Turners After School Program / Rauschenbusch Center's Page Turners' Book Club (2007-2008)