Caps For Sale

Written by • Illustrated by michelle fiddler

Reviewed by Genessis C. (age 7)

This story is about a man who sells caps. He carries his on his head so he can sell them. One day when he was walking around and he got tired and he fell asleep under a tree. When he woke up and touched his head, there were no caps on his own checked cap. He looked behind, sideways and in front, and up. He saw every monkey in the tree had a red, gray, brown or blue cap. He got angry and then he asked the monkeys to give him back his caps. But the monkeys didn’t give him his caps. Whatever the peddler did, the monkeys did the same. The man got so angry that he threw his own checked cap on the ground. Then the monkeys threw the red, gray, brown and blue caps on the ground. Then he was able to get his caps and sell them.

I like this book because I like monkeys a little bit. I liked the part when the monkey said “Tsz Tsz” to the peddler when he was mad because that was funny. My favorite part was when the monkeys each put on a red, grey, blue, or brown cap. They looked funny. I didn’t like the part when the peddler fell asleep because I don’t like to sleep.

I will read this to my sister Kimberlyn because she likes monkeys and sometimes acts like a monkey, too.

Genessis C. is a member in Page Turners After School Program / Rauschenbusch Center's Page Turners' Book Club (2007-2008)