1 Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Written by Jeff Kinney

Illustrated by Jeff Kinney

Reviewed by Jonathan V. (age 10)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Greg Heffley wanted a journal to write in so he could record what he did each day. Instead, he got a diary. He felt upset because diaries are for girls. Greg then writes funny things that happened and things that he did not like. He also wrote things he hates like when his older brother makes him get in trouble. Will Greg Heffley stop letting his brother get him in trouble or will his brother keep getting him in trouble? You will have to read the book to answer this question.

I find Greg Heffley interesting because Greg is funnier than his friend Rowley in the story. Greg and Rodrick are brothers and they don’t get along at all. Greg is trying to find a way to get back at Rodrick and that is interesting to me. My favorite part is when Greg and his friend Rowley are trick or treating. Greg’s dad thinks it's mischief night. His dad dumps a bucket of water on them because he mistakes them for teenagers who were going to toilet paper the house. I think it’s my favorite part because it made me laugh that Greg got wet. To me the author is funny and I liked how he made it like a diary. It actually says "Dear Diary” on every page. I thought the book was hilarious! The characters were so funny. I loved how the author put in good descriptions of how they looked and acted.

If you like to laugh then this book is right for you. I recommend this book for ages 9-11. You will never put this book down and you might want to get the sequel!