1 If You Give a Mouse a Cookie

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie

Written by Laura Numeroff

Illustrated by Felicia Bond

Reviewed by Michael Mc. (age 8), Brian K. (age 8) & Jake S. (age 8)

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie

If you were a mouse and you had a glass of milk what would you want with it? In this story a mouse wants everything and he is not satisfied yet. He asks for a cookie and then he asks for a glass of milk to drink with the cookie. He asks for a straw to go with the glass of milk. The mouse is pretty bossy in the story because he keeps asking for things. The boy in the story has to get all of these things for the mouse. The boy is so tired of cleaning up after the mouse that he falls asleep. Does the mouse stay grumpy? Read the book to find out.

Our favorite part is when the mouse takes the washing powder and sneezes because it is a very funny part in the book. Laura Joffe Numeroff wrote other funny books like, If you give a pig a pancake and If you give a moose a muffin. A lot of books by this author show a pattern in the book, the animals are always asking for more things. We liked the book because of all the funny things that the mouse did. The mouse always did the opposite of what he was supposed to do.

Anybody that likes cookies will enjoy this book. Anybody that likes mice will like this story. We recommend this book because of all the funny stuff that the mouse does.