1 The X-ed-Out X-ray

The X-ed-Out X-ray

Written by Ron Roy

Illustrated by John Gurney

Reviewed by Jacob B. (age 8)

The X-ed-Out X-ray

The X-ed Out X-Ray is about a very famous singer who got a diamond pendant stolen right off her neck. The thief had a great disguise which almost tricked detectives, Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose. In the meantime Dink hurt his arm and had to have an x-ray. How do you think his injury was involved in solving this mystery? Read it to find out.

I think the X-ed Out X-ray is a good book because it is tough to figure out the bad guy. My favorite part of the story was when they found the bad guy and arrested him. This was my favorite part because even though he had a great disguise he still got caught in the end. I also liked how the bad guy's disguise was so hard to figure out which made it harder to solve the mystery. This book is like others by the same author because most of the books by Ron Roy are A to Z mysteries and they all usually have more than 2 suspects. They also have Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose as the detectives.

I recommend the book because I think the mystery is not too tricky, but not too easy either. I think this book is good for 2nd-4th graders. The story would interest people that like kind of tricky mysteries and weird stuff.