1 A Spy In the White House

A Spy In the White House

Written by Ron Roy

Illustrated by Timothy Bush

Reviewed by Justin S. (age 9)

A Spy In the White House

I would recommend the book, Spy in the White House by Ron Roy. The main character is Darla Darling, she's is the editor of the city newspaper. She sets up a spy mission to learn more about the upcoming wedding. KC and Marshall find out a person is spying on the president and KC's mom. KC and Marshall decide to spy on the vice president. They want to make sure she isn't giving away any secrets about the upcoming wedding. KC and Marshall found out who spied on the president and KC's mom. KC and Marshall look in all the newspapers to make sure that no secrets about the wedding are going around because of Darla.

I think the book is funny and suspenseful. The mystery begins in the third chapter. The characters started out very interesting. I liked this book even before the reader is introduced to the mystery. In the end, KC and Marshall found out who spied on the president and KC's mom. My favorite part is when KC and Marshall found out who spied on the president and KC's mom. They been looking for days and their hard work finally paid off. I was very interested in this mystery because I was wondering what would happen if they found the boy or girl that spied on the president and KC's mom. I found a character that was interesting and it was Darla Darling. She is the city newspaper editor. She also gets to cover all the big stories like where the president is having his honeymoon. I think this would be a fun job to have.

I recommend this book to both boys and girls in grades 3-4 because the characters might be hard to follow for anyone younger. The mystery is fun to try to solve but only mature readers would be able to put all the clues together. There are many pieces of the puzzle and twists and turns along the way. It is the type of book that you don't want to put down. If you like this kind of book then run to the bookstore and grab, The Spy in the White House.