1 Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds

Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds

Written by David A. Adler

Illustrated by Susana Natti

Reviewed by Jack G. (age 9)

Woo, woo, woo! The alarm at Parker's Jewelry store went off because diamonds got stolen. Detectives Cam and Eric are on the case to help find out who took them. There are many suspects and lots of clues to go through. If you want to know who did it you will have to read the book to find out.

My favorite part is when Cam and Eric got right to the mystery and went inside to ask people if they saw who took the diamonds. I like this part because that told me that they were good detectives that really knew what they are doing to solve the mystery. This book is like another Cam Jansen book called The Mystery of the Dinosaur Bones. They are both mysteries where something was stolen and Cam uses her photographic memory to help her in both stories. When I read Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds I felt sad for the owner of the Jewelry store because 81 diamonds were stolen.

I recommend this book to students in 2nd through 4th grade. The characters in this book are very funny because they made funny faces at each other and were sometimes fooling around. If you like mysteries, you'll enjoy this book.