1 A to Z Mysteries: The Kidnapped King

A to Z Mysteries: The Kidnapped King

Written by Ron Roy

Illustrated by John Gurney

Reviewed by Jakub P. (age 8)

A to Z Mysteries:  The Kidnapped King

Have your parents ever been kidnapped? In this story, a kid named Sammi from Costva is staying with Dink and his family in America because his parents were kidnapped! Find out what it is like to stay at a stranger's house for days, weeks and months until your parents are found. What if they're never found? While Sammi is in America, he ends up getting kidnapped, too. To find out if everyone is returned to safety, you'll have to read the book!

I found Dink to be an interesting character because he is the one that is so worried and serious about the kidnapping. Usually the adults worry about those things so it is interesting that Dink takes the role of the adult. Josh reminds me of myself because, in the book, he is usually hungry like me. He is also lazy and likes to take breaks once in while and so do I. I felt really strange when reading this book because I was suspicious of many people. Everyone was a suspect until the end when I found out who really did it. Thankfully my suspicions were right!

If you like crimes, then I recommend The Kidnapped King. I would recommend this book to 2nd to 4th graders because it would be hard for 1st grade and easy for 5th grade. This is a book that will keep you glued to your seat and you'll never want to stop reading.