1 The Quicksand Question

The Quicksand Question

Written by Ron Roy

Illustrated by John Steven Gurney

Reviewed by Emily S. (age 8)

The Quicksand Question

"I can't pull my feet out, " Josh yelled. "I think it's quicksand!" Good friends Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose have been helping the town of Green Lawn raise money to build a bridge to keep the town's ducks safe. Then the money is stolen. While they are on the case they end up stepping into quicksand! Can the detectives solve the mystery of where the money went and get the bridge built? To find out you will have to read the book, The Quicksand Question, by Ron Roy.

I liked this book because it had great clues to help the reader figure out the solution. My favorite part was when Josh, Dink, and Ruth Rose found a jeep in a pond because the detectives were very close to solving the mystery. They discovered an important clue on an apron that led them to the culprit. From the start I tried to guess who committed the crime, even though there were lots of suspects. When the detectives finally solved the mystery I found out my prediction was right. Another reason I like this book is because Ron Roy is such a good author. I can make a picture in my mind as I am reading. He uses great descriptive language.

I recommend this book to girls and boys who are in second or third grade and who like to read mysteries. If you read this book and like it, you might also like other A to Z Mysteries or the Capital Mysteries series by this author.