1 Teach Us, Amelia Bedelia

Teach Us, Amelia Bedelia

Written by Peggy Parish

Illustrated by Lynn Sweat

Reviewed by Julia T. (age 7)

Teach Us, Amelia Bedelia

This book is about Amelia Bedelia. She goes to the principal?s office at the school to give him a message. He thinks she is the new teacher, and he sends her to the classroom. It takes place mostly at the school and then at Mr. and Mrs. Roger?s house, which is where Amelia Bedelia lives.

In the beginning, Amelia reads the teacher?s list and gets very confused by it. Amelia reads the children a book that says, "Run run, run." And she runs through the halls, on the playground, and around the block with the class. Then, it?s science time and the kids are supposed to plant bulbs, but all she sees are dried up onions. So she goes to the store and buys light bulbs to plant. At the end, Amelia brings the class to her house to do math problems using apples. When the kids finish their work, she makes taffy apples. They love the apples and then she tells them it's time to go home.

I enjoyed this book because Amelia Bedelia does a lot of 'play on words' and that makes the book very funny. My favorite part is when Amelia calls roll. She is talking to a roll rather than calling the children?s names. This is like all of the other Amelia Bedelia books because of all the silly things she ends up doing. This one is different, because it's all the things we do in school.

I would recommend this book because Amelia does many silly things and it makes me laugh. This book would be great for kids in kindergarten through second grade. I think kids will enjoy reading some of the other Amelia Bedelia books.