1 Dolphins at Daybreak

Dolphins at Daybreak

Written by Mary Pope Osborn

Reviewed by Delaney D. (age 8)

Dolphins at Daybreak

Have you ever wondered what Magic Tree House books were about? Well, if you have, they?re about two mortals named Jack and Annie. ?Don?t touch that, it?s not yours,? is a lesson that was learned in this story. They find a mini-submarine and get stuck in the middle of the ocean. They also meet an octopus and a very hungry shark.

My favorite part was when Annie kissed the dolphin. Why? Because I love to see dolphins and if I were Annie I would feel so happy I would tell everybody in my class. I really enjoy that Mary Pope Osborne and her husband have a fact book to go with this fiction book. I would like to learn more about coral skeletons.

My favorite character is Annie because she reminds me of myself when I was her age. My brother is pretty nervous about going on adventures, and I am interested. I was looking forward to going on a roller coaster named Steel Eel, but I felt very scared when I was on it. I would not ride it again!

Do you want to learn more about dolphins? If you do, you might want to read this book. You won?t believe how exciting this book was for me. I recommend this book for first and second graders. It wasn?t the greatest book I have read, but it?s really fun to adventure through all the Magic Tree House books.