1 A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning

A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning

Written by Lemony Snicket

Reviewed by L. H. (age 9)

The book A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning is a book about three children. In the beginning, the three kids Violet, Klaus, and Sunny went to the beach without their parents. While their parents were at home, they died because there was a fire. In the middle, the three children moved in with Count Olaf. He was their closest relative. He is so mean because he makes them do terrible chores. For example, they had to cleaning out the chimney.

At the end, Klaus went to wake up Violet and Sunny. He notices that Sunny isn't there. Count Olaf walks in and they demand to know where she is. He brought them into the backyard. He showed them that he trapped Sunny in a birdcage outside of his tower window thirty feet in the air and he was going to drop it!

Will he really drop it? Read A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning to find out!

I liked this book because it was mysterious. It was mysterious because you never know where the children will go next. Just like my favorite part when Mr. Poe came out of the water when they were at the beach. At first I thought it was a monster! You also don't know what will happen next in the story!

I recommend this book to people who like mysterious things. Just like Sunny who bites everything. I also recommend this book to people who like Lemony Snicket books. One thing I also liked was the pictures. Even though they were black and white they gave me good images of this book. Last, I recommend this book to people who like reading a series of books.