1 Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry

Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry

Written by Mildred D. Taylor

Reviewed by Justin W. (age 11)

Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry is a magnificent book about kids who are African American and have to live with white people picking on them. When Stacy, T.J., and Little Man go to school the white school bus splashes them. Then Stacy digs a huge whole so the bus goes into the ditch. A couple days after three cars go pass Stacy?s house. There mom started crying when they got home. Stacy and her mom go to town to pick up some things. What happens to Stacy? Do they make it home? Well you are going to have to read it.

In Roll of Thunder I was shocked because it was so incredible. There was the part when they dug the hole and the bus fell into it. That was really funny. One of the characters that dug the hole was Stacy. He tried to save T.J. from getting killed by white people. Stacy was my favorite character. I think this book is the best book that I have read in my 11 years. Roll of Thunder, Here My Cry has a genre of historical fiction which is my favorite. I feel really sad because back then African Americans were not treated as well as white people.

I recommend this book to all of the people that like adventure. I think you will like this book. You will be interested when you read it. This genre that people will be interested in is Historical fiction. I recommend this book to people that like adventure based on history.

Justin W.
is a student in
The Green Tigers