1 A Wrinkle in Time

A Wrinkle in Time

Written by Madeline L'Engle

Illustrated by Cliff Nielson

Reviewed by Annealea F. (age 9)

A Wrinkle in Time

One blustery night Meg could not sleep. She scampered downstairs as the nightly sounds shook the house. ?I?ve been waiting for you,? Charles Wallace thought aloud, ?Mother should be down soon.? When almost everybody in the Murry household was downstairs, the back door crashed open. ?Mrs. Whatsit, now tell me why are you here?? Charles asked. ?Wild nights are my glory,? Mrs. Whatsit smiled ?I just got caught in a down draft and blown off course. Let me sit down for a moment, and then I will be on my way. Speaking of ways, by the way, there is such thing as a tesseract.? Mrs. Murry turned white in the face. Meg?s father, Mr. Murry, has been researching the so-called fifth dimension when he had a strange unexpected disappearance. Nobody knows where he is at and they do not even know if he is dead or alive. Soon after the Murry?s experience with Mrs. Whatsit Meg is found going for a stroll with a young boy named Calvin. Suddenly the place they were at turned pitch black. Meg could hear Mrs. Whatsit?s voice. After a while she could feel Calvin?s hand in hers. She opened her eyes and looked around. Mrs. Whatsit was not Mrs. Whatsit anymore; she definitely was not.

This is just a tiny part of A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L?Engle. Meg is a stubborn girl who is off to save her father, who has a somewhat cloudy relationship with her. She knows that she is stubborn and is not afraid to show it, but what she does not know is that the adventure she is about to go on holds more adventures than words can explain. A unique part about this book is the lesson which is that love can be very powerful and don?t be scared to do things you have never done before.

I boldly recommend this book because it shows that love can be very controlling. If you like science fiction books or books about things that are not possible for people in our time and on our planet you truly would enjoy A Wrinkle in Time. I think Madeleine L? Engle has a great imagination. She has an excellent writing style that makes you feel like you actually are in the story experiencing the things the characters are. She especially did a good job of describing the characters.

After I finished A Wrinkle in Time I told my family, ?This is the most excellent book I ever read!? You definitely could say I liked the book but I loved it! I loved it so much I got the second one. My favorite part is when Meg makes a change by overcoming her fears, by branching out and doing things she never thought she could do!