1 Tuck Everlasting

Tuck Everlasting

Written by Natalie Babbitt

Reviewed by Seymour P. (age 9)

This story is about a girl who ran away from her house. She ran into the woods. She found a boy drinking from a spring.Then the boy, Jesse, told her she can't drink from it because it makes you live forever and ever. Then Jesse's mother, Mae, came and took Winnie to her cottage. Then she meets Tuck, the father. Then the man in the yellow suit overheard and found out about the spring. Then he made a deal with Winnie's parents and got the woods. He went to get Winnie, but Mae smacked him on the head and killed him. Mae might get hung for killing him. Jesse asked Winnie to drink the water when she was seventeen so they could get married. Do you think she does? Read and find out.

It's a good book. I like it because it was exciting and kind of sad. An exciting part is when Winnie told Miles to let the fish go at the lake. My favorite part was when Mae smacked the man in the yellow suit. It was kind of funny. I'd have done the same thing because he tried to take Winnie. I felt interested and kind of sad when I read this book. I wondered how they would get Mae out of jail. It was sad at the end of the book.

I recommend "Tuck Everlasting" because it is a fantastic book! It was the best book I have ever read. I think kids in middle school through college would like it.