1 Looniverse: Meltdown Madness

Looniverse: Meltdown Madness

Written by David Lubar

Illustrated by Matt Loveridge

Reviewed by Julie S. (age 9)

Looniverse: Meltdown Madness

Moose and Ed are trying to raise money to get on the soccer team. Anyone who did not raise money could not play. Mr. Netz, the soccer coach, said the money will be used to buy soccer uniforms. Ed has a really good friend named Moose and they both want to be on the team. Moose got wrapping paper to sell and Ed got chocolate bars to sell. One hot day, Moose and Ed are walking home. Oh no! The chocolate bars! Moose’s little brother Mouse was playing nearby in the playground when he saw something was wrong! Mouse is really fast and he offered to run it home before everything totally melted. He did, but it was too late. Moose and Mouse tried to make Ed feel better, but nothing worked. Then, when it seemed hopeless, Ed finds a book about how to raise money! Could this solve Ed’s problems? Will he and Moose both get to be on the school soccer team? You will have to read the book to find out!

I give this book a big thumbs up! It is funny. I think if you play sports, especially soccer, you will connect with this book. I like how Ed never gives up even when things go wrong. He persists!

I recommend this book to 3rd graders. I also recommend this book to people who like adventures because Ed goes on many adventures just to try to get onto the soccer team.