1 Frog and Toad Together

Frog and Toad Together

Written by Arnold Lobel

Reviewed by Paz M. (age 8)

Frog and Toad Together

This book is a collection of stories about two friends named Frog and Toad. Frog and Toad are funny and they always do funny things together. My favorite story is the one where Toad was making a to-do list. He wrote down things like “Wake up.” He was already awake though when he wrote it down, so he crossed it off his list! He added other things like “Eat breakfast” and “Go to Frog’s house.” So he did. He wrote down his whole day of things to do. His list had things for Frog to do, too. They went for a walk because it was on the list. Just then, a big wind blew away Toad’s list. “Hurry!” said Frog. “We will run and catch it!” Toad said, “No!” because running after his list was not on his list! Will the list blow away forever? Will Toad change his mind? Will Frog save the day? Read the book to find out what happens!

I like the other stories in the book, too. Frog and Toad do so many things together like baking cookies and planting seeds in the garden. Things always go wrong and it is very funny. They always help each other like friends are supposed to. I think this book is really good.

If you like funny books, this is a book for you. I think people who are good friends would like this book. I recommend this book to kids in grades 1 and 2.