1 Frog and Toad Together

Frog and Toad Together

Written by Arnold Lobel

Reviewed by Jason F. (age 9)

Frog and Toad Together

This book is about two friends named Frog and Toad. There are five stories in this book. Each story is kind of like an adventure. The first story is about Toad making a list of things he had to do. He went to Frog’s house and told Frog they had to go on a walk because it was on his list. Toad is a good friend because he does what Frog wants. He also helps Toad and tries to make him happy. My favorite story is called “The Garden.” Toad wanted a garden, so Frog gave him some flower seeds. The seeds would not sprout! Toad tried to take care of the seeds like they were babies! He read to them, sang to them, and stayed up late with them! He was so worried! Do the seeds ever sprout? Does Toad get his garden to grow? You will have to read the book to find out!

My favorite story is called “The Garden.” Toad wanted a garden so Frog gave him some flower seeds. The seeds would not sprout! Toad tried to take care of the seeds like they were babies! He read to them, sang to them, and stayed up late with them! He was so worried! Do the seeds ever sprout? Does Toad get his garden to grow? You will have to read the book to find out!

I recommend this book to young kids and even babies because it is funny and you can read one story at a time.