1 The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Written by C.S. Lewis

Illustrated by Pauline Baynes

Reviewed by Abbie W. (age 8)

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Have you ever wondered if you could find a magical place inside your wardrobe? Well in The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe Susan, Lucy, Edmund, and Peter does! Lucy was the first to find she said it was real the others didn't think it was. Is it real Is there actually a magical place in the wardrobe? Are they going to face danger? And who is this white witch?

One reason you should read this book is the fierce characters. Like when Peter fights a wolf, and Lucy even though she is the smallest she still helps others in scary times. All the characters are really brave! Another reason I love this book is imaginative writing. It's creative because the animals can talk. Also, It is creative because of all the magic. One more reason is the good illustrations.

You should read this book because it’s a lot like Harry Potter because they are both fantasies. It's also kind of like The Horse and Bis Boy by C. S. Lewis because it is in the same series and has some of the same characters. There is a movie of The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe, but you should read the book first!