1 Lulu and the Brontosaurus

Lulu and the Brontosaurus

Written by Judith Viorst

Illustrated by Lane Smith

Reviewed by James SC. (age 8)

Lulu and the Brontosaurus

Have you ever wanted a humongous dinosaur? Well Lulu did in the book Lulu and the Brontosaurus. If you haven't’ read this book then I would Listen up. First, Lulu was a spoiled young girl who always got what she wanted when she wanted it. Even if it meant she needed to scream until the light bulbs bursted. One day Lulu wanted a GIGANTIC DINOSAUR! At last in the woods she spotted one. Next, she asks it to be her pet. Does he or she say yes or no? I Also wanted to mention How aggressive Lulu was I could relate to that My sister is only 2 years old and she almost poked my eye out. You will have to read the story to find out what happens to Lulu. I learned from this magnificent story you don't alway get what you want.

I thought this book was fantastic. For example, when Lulu hit the bear with her suitcase and when the snake said to Lulu “I’ll squeeze you dead” and Lulu said “I'll squeeze you deader” made no sense. Can you believe that she made the snake run away? I thought that was humorous. I thought this book was one of my top three favorite books because Lulu and the Brontosaurus was a hilarious book about a spoiled young girl. I mean she could get anything she wanted! I thought this book was very good because Lulu was very obnoxious.

I would recommend this to 2nd to 4th grade because it is very entertaining. The author Judith Viorst is an amazing author because she knows when you want to laugh. I will definitely read more of her amusing books and so should you.