1 Arthur Locked in the Library

Arthur Locked in the Library

Written by Marc Brown

Reviewed by Kyle M. (age 8)

Arthur Locked in the Library

The story Arthur Locked in the Library is about Arthur and Francine getting locked in the library. They do not like each other but they have to stay with each other. In the beginning of Arthur Locked in the Library, Francine was being rude to Arthur. In the middle of the story, Mr. Ratburn partnered up Francine with Arthur for their project and Arthur slept for too long and Francine listened to music while reading for too long and they got they got locked in the library. They were stacking books to open the window but they thought the window wasn’t opened in a long time. Near the end Arthur heard screaming he thought Francine was in trouble. You have to read the book to find out what happened. Do you imagine if you were with someone that you do not like alone locked in a library?

I liked how Francine found the junk food in the teacher’s room because I would love to be locked in the library without anyone telling me not to eat the food. The thing I would not want to do is get in trouble for eating the food. I would like to eat the junk food because it tastes so good! I would also want to watch TV. The illustrations showed what happened in the story. For example, in the story when the author wrote, ‘’The pizza was gone, and several empty packages of chips and cookies were scattered around.’’ They showed that in the picture. The unique thing about the book is that Arthur slept and when he woke up he was locked in the library and Francine was listening to music while reading for too long. That’s how they got locked in the library.

I liked this book because Francine found something to do while she was locked in the library. The thing that she did was eat junk food and watched a movie but I wouldn’t want to get in trouble for doing it.

I recommend this book to people that like problems getting solved at the end. I also recommend this book to 2nd to 4th graders. I recommend this book to 2nd and 4th graders because I think it would be good for them but too easy for 5th graders.