1 Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Babe Ruth Baseball

Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Babe Ruth Baseball

Written by David A. Adler

Illustrated by Susanna Natti

Reviewed by Alex P. (age 9)

This book is about Cam Jansen and The Mystery of the Babe Ruth Baseball. In the beginning, Cam and Eric were at the exhibit hall. They were looking at all the different displays. Then Mr. Baker cried out that his baseball was stolen. Now Cam and Eric have to use their good detective skills to solve the mystery. Will they find the missing baseball? Go to the library and quickly grab this book and find out what happens.

This book was really cool because I liked trying to solve the mystery with Cam and Eric. I tried to use the clues and see if I was right. I know who did but I will not tell you. You have to read the book. Cam is awesome because she has a photographic memory. She can remember what she sees when she says “click”. I wish I had that for my school tests. This story reminded me of another book in the series called The Green School Mystery. Cam and Eric had to find who stole the money for the skylights.

I think this is a good book for kids to read in 2nd and 3rd grade. It is a chapter book filled with clues and they will enjoy trying figure out who stole the baseball. Hurry up and go to the library before someone steals this book!