1 Humphrey's Playful Puppy Problem

Humphrey's Playful Puppy Problem

Written by Betty G. Birney

Reviewed by Eva Marie R. (age 0)

Humphrey's Playful Puppy Problem

Have you ever thought of getting a puppy? Well in the book Humphrey’s Playful Puppy Problem by Betty G. Birney, Humphrey, the hamster, meets a puppy and has a problem. In the beginning, Richie uses Humphrey,” as an experiment. Humphrey gets really scared. After dinner, they watch a movie called “Frankenstein”. Then Richie says to Humphrey, “you’re my Frankienstein – Humphreystein! Squeak!!!”Later on, Richie and his Uncle Aldo set up the hamster wheel. But the puppy comes rushing into the room. Oh no!!! Well, you will just have to read this book to find out what happens to Humphrey!

I really enjoyed Humphrey’s Playful Puppy Problem by Betty G. Birney. First of all, Humphrey is always curious. One time Richie and Aldo were preparing the experiment and Humphrey wondered what it was. Another reason I loved this book is it because gives you a lot of emotion and you can feel in your heart how Humphrey feels. For example, when Humphrey was watching “Frankenstein” you could tell he was scared. I adore this book because it makes you feel good inside that is why I want to read this book over and over again. This is my opinion on Humphrey’s Playful Puppy Problem.

I think first grade and up would enjoy this book. Some of the words are kind of tricky. Do you like experiments? Well you see lots of experiments in this book. I would give this book five stars because toward the middle it gets a little scary. This book is funny. For example, Humphrey says the puppy goes “woof”! woof”! That’s what makes me laugh really hard. You’ll love this book.