1 Horrible Harry and the Kickball Wedding

Horrible Harry and the Kickball Wedding

Written by Suzy Kline

Illustrated by Frank Remkiewicz

Reviewed by Dari J. (age 9)

Horrible Harry and the Kickball Wedding

Have you ever really liked someone? In the book Horrible Harry and the Kickball Wedding by Suzy Kline, the characters have a pretend wedding! First, Horrible Harry wants to marry Song Lee. Horrible Harry really likes her and he wants to marry her. Then, Horrible Harry and his friends plan the wedding and make pretty pink heart decorations. Don’t you think that’s funny for two kids to get married? But before the wedding, Horrible Harry has to get up the courage to ask Song Lee to marry him. Harry’s nervous but he has to do it. You have to read this book to find out if Song Lee will marry him or if she says, “No!”

In my opinion, Horrible Harry and the Kickball Wedding by Suzy Kline is a very funny book! First of all, the main character, Harry is weird. To begin with, Harry wants to marry someone! Also, Harry has a wedding at the age of 7! Another reason is that, Horrible Harry and the entire class are sneaky. For example, Harry and his class plan the wedding without the teacher knowing about it. One last reason, I think this book is funny because I laughed when Horrible Harry looked at his bug book, he saw kissing ants! In closing, Horrible Harry and the Kickball Wedding is a book you want to read even if it’s unusual for two 2nd graders to get married.

The book Horrible Harry and the Kickball Wedding by Suzy Kline, is a book fit for 2nd or 3rd graders. Have you ever thought of getting married? It’s a big deal when you get married. I’d give this book 5 stars because I thought this book was funny and I like funny books. One part that was funny was when Harry jumped out and tickled Sidney! If you ever thought of getting married, I suggest you read this book. You won’t want to miss Horrible Harry and all the horrible things he does.