1 Stink: The Incredible Shrinking Kid

Stink: The Incredible Shrinking Kid

Written by Megan McDonald

Reviewed by Adam P. (age 8)

Stink:  The Incredible Shrinking Kid

Do you like funny kids? You will love Stink and the Incredible Shrinking Kid by Megan McDonald. You have to read it! Wait, do you like really funny books? You do? I will guarantee that this will be your favorite book. Now go borrow or buy this book.

In this book, Stink wanted to grow and be as tall as his sister, Judy. But, he shrunk…or did he? He had been 3ft. 8in., but Judy convinced him that he was now 3ft. 7in. So he decided to wear stripes and make his hair spiky. Stink thought this would make him look taller. This tells me that Stink and Judy are clever. Read to find out if he will grow.

You will love the main character, Stink. He’s awesome! I think he is hilarious. For example, when Judy turned his hair orange, he yelled, “I LOOK LIKE A CARROT!” When I read that part I laughed out loud!

My favorite part is when Stink dresses up like a mouse. He complained about always being a mouse in school plays. The illustration of him in his mouse costume is hilarious! This book also reminds me of me and my sister. Stink and Judy fight a lot in this book. My sister and I fight sometimes too.

I think that after you read Stink and the Incredible Shrinking Kid, by Megan McDonald, you will want to read the whole series. Now go to the library or bookstore and get the book. I recommend this book for people who love to laugh.